When Facebook announced they were launching a “Like” button for the whole internet, you knew you had to get in on it. The Facebook Like button is part of Facebook’s new Open Graph Protocol which allows users to easily share content (including yours) from across the web. For the developers amongst us, you can get all the code and info on Facebook’s developer site. For the rest of us, here are 4 Magento Extensions that will easily integrate Facebook’s Like button.
Facebook Like Button Extensions
The first two are simple implementations of the standard Like button. The next two are more complex integrations with many more options and with Open Graph support.
Pick one, buy it, install it.
- Facebook Like Button by RetailEvolved
- Facebook Like Button by TSDesigns
- Facebook Social Plugins by Magento Ireland
- Facebook Like Button with Open Graph Support by Soleun
Track Like Button Activity With Facebook Insights
Once you have the Facebook Like button installed, you’ll want to set up Facebook Insight for Domains. This will allow you to see what is happening in the world of Facebook in relation to your store.
- Go to Facebook Insights
- Click green “Insights for your Domain” button
- Enter your domain name and select your account from the drop down list.
- Copy the Meta Tag that Facebook gives you and paste into your Magento Admin -> System -> Configuration -> Design -> HTML Head -> Miscellaneous Scripts
- Confirm the domain with Facebook
You should now be able to see all kind of cool reports in Facebook Insights.