On Wednesday, October 29th, JXT Group and Google co-hosted a Digital Happy Hour at the Google NYC office. The happy hour offered insights to the latest Google products and highlighted their growing online marketing opportunities. The two speakers included Candace Jordan, Google Agency Account Strategist and Menachem Ani, JXT Group Founder & CEO. Guests were able to enjoy delicious appetizers and drinks while watching outstanding presentations from these two industry leaders.
Candace kicked off the happy hour with a thought-provoking presentation about Micro-Moments, the new battleground for brands. Candace made the audience realize, that as marketers, our biggest opportunities are in the smallest moments, some more important than others (especially when cellphones are involved).
Some key takeaways from the Micro-Moments presentation:
- On average people check their phone 150 times per day (some people a lot more).
- How do we have time for anything else?
- How mobile has influenced these Micro-Moments- instead of researching on a laptop/computer, we now reach for our devices in the moment of need to access information faster than ever before.
- There has been a 20% increase in mobile’s share of online sessions
- There has been an 18% decrease in time spent per visit
- There has been a 29% increase in mobile conversion rates
- There are so many different Micro-Moments experienced throughout the day, and as marketers, we need to make sure to capture our audience at the right moment.
- New-day-new-me Moments
- One-step-at-a-time Moments
- Help-me-choose Moments
- I-want-that-look Moments
- I-need-a-smaller-car Moments
5 Advanced Digital Marketing Strategies
After Candace finished discussing Micro-Moments, Menachem took the stage to discuss 5 Advanced Digital Marketing Strategies, and how they can be used to grow your business.
Some important points about these 5 digital marketing strategies:
- 82% of shoppers begin their journey with search
- Mobile searches have surpassed desktop.
- Last year, nearly $1 trillion – 28% – of all retail sales were influenced by shopping-related mobile searches.
- 53% of those who shopped online used smartphones or tablets, up for 40% the previous year.
- 57% of users won’t recommend a business with a poorly-designed mobile site.
- 40% have turned to a competitor site after a bad mobile experience.
- You must be relevant to purchase intent
- Take advantage of ad extensions to stand out from your competition.
- Reviews, special offers, etc…
- 96% of people who visit a website leave without completing the actions marketers want them to take
- 70% of people abandon their shopping cart without completing a purchase
- How do you get potential customers to click on remarketing ads?
- Be Relevant
- Be Engaging
- Be Actionable
- 67% of millennials agree that they can find a YouTube video on anything they want to learn.
- 58% of YouTube-watching moms that were surveyed agree they’re likely to search for videos about a certain product before making a purchase.
We concluded the Digital Happy Hour with a Google Cardboard demonstration. Our guests really enjoyed playing with the cardboard!
On behalf of JXT Group, I would personally like to thank Candace Jordan and Darius Ameri and Google for their help in making this event a huge success! I would also like to thank everyone who attended the happy hour, we were excited to see some familiar faces in the crowd, as well as meet many new attendees! I hope that you were able to take away valuable information from the two outstanding presentations, and have fun at the same time!
We can’t wait to host another event like this in the future!